Re: Petronix Ignition

Kevin Curry wrote:
> Will this work even though my dist has mechanical advance instead of vacuum?
> I think I may just leave it the way it is. I didn't realize that any Scout
> before 1980 came w/o the gold box and Holley dist (?)

Most cars have Vac *and* Mech advance.

I believe, for Scout IIs, 71-73 (73+1/2?) had points.  I have two 72
304s both with Holley points dist.  The guys at NAPA always ask if it's
a Prestolite... dunno if there was a Prestolite points dist that early
on or if they still don't understand "SEVENTY-TWO SCOUT TWO
THREE-OH-FOUR Vee-EIGHT"..

74 started the Gold Box.  My '77 196 has it.  78-80 or just 79-80 came
with the Prestolite.

-Tom