MSD, my $.02

For me the answer is one word:  Starting!

I always kept the ignition system in good condition with CDs on both my
IHC, but when they sit for a long time (we're talking months), starting was
always the issue.

With the MSD, the instant they smell gas in the carb and you have enough
battery left, they start.  Last week, went out and cranked the Travelall
(been sitting for 3 months) over enough to get gas in the carb, but knew
the battery was weak.  Not enough battery to prime the carb and still kick
it over.  Charged the battery overnight, 3 out of 4 balls next morning (oh
well, it has a lifetime warrantee and this is replacement battery number 4
or 5).  Put battery in and it cracked right off.

Seriously thinking about electrical pumps to prime the carb.

Mike