Flat towing a Scout

> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:56:31 -0800
> From: Curt Cleavinger <rcleavin@domain.elided>
> Subject: Flat towing a Scout - towbars, Rubicon Scramble
>
> Greetings Binders!
>
> Now that the Scout is close to being ready for the trails, I've
> started thinking about the next issue - getting to the trails. I've
> got a couple of long-distance trips planned this year, and I'd like
> to tow the Scout behind the Travelall. Since I don't have anyplace to
> keep a trailer, that leaves flat-towing.

I purchased mine from U-Haul - don't recall the price, but it was very
well built and the price was reasonable.

Incidently the brackets will bolt (using the bumper bolt holes and
another drilled below) to the scout frame like factory.

Towed my Scout from Miami to Atlanta this way.

Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided