guages...especially fuel

Hi all

Well see'ns how I still have the dash out'ta truck I figured Id have a
look at my fuel guage...gettin tired of "When did I fill up last" as Im
driving to work at 5:15 am and start running out'ta gas. I have adjusted
the little cams in the back of the guage and have a brand new sending
unit Im testing with and DAMM if I cant get a nice setting. It seems
like either a full F and eriatic swing inbetween or partial empty
reading. Does anyone have a 25+ yr old rig that has accurate working
fuel guage??? Im thinking its time to do as others have suggested "Auto
meter." Has anyone part numbers of guages that fit perfect in the
holes?? I was thinking of making new brackets to fit in the standard
holes so there is no massive hacking.

Jim