Re: cop magnet scouts

The aliens commander decided Farmer <pharmer@domain.elided> would make a perfect
specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>Nah, it's probably the incredible precision that any police offer could
>spot from a 100 yards away:
>    *  sticking to the center of the lane +/- 3"

You're close.  It's actually +/- 2.9500" using an MSD 6L optical lane
tracking computer.

>    *  keeping to the speed limit +/- 0.25 mph

Correct, using a Jacob's Speed Tracker 5000 digital speed controller with
Federally certified calibration.

>    *  stopping within 24-36" of a stop sign

Actually, with my Allen-Bradley brake servo controller system featuring
fully automatic stop sign detection and reaction sensors, I'm capable of
holding stops to 24.000" +6.000" -1.000".

>    *  giving redundant arm signals when you turn

You must have me confused with someone else.  I have a triple redundant
Phillips turn signal processing system, so arm signals are a thing of the
past.

>    *  sitting straight in your seat

This is definitely the case!  Before I drive I sort of enter a trance
because of the extreme level of concentration needed to safely navigate the
Nation's 4th most crowded freeways.

>I'll bet you drive like we used to march in the Marines!  You've got the
>police intimidated!  They know that if they pull you over, you'll be
>correcting their numbers.  <g>

Not really... remember... I *don't* get pulled over!

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT