Re: MSD 6A STATUS REPORT

>As you probably know, the greater the gap, the greater the voltage is
required
>to build before a spark can bridge the gap.  A huge gap like .080" puts a
>severely increased load on your secondary ignition system.  Remember that
>electricity is always trying to take the path of least resistance, and with a
>properly set up ignition system using quality components, the spark plug gap
>is the path of least resistance.  Unfortunately, when you start increasing
the
>voltage to very high levels due to such a large plug gap, something else
might
>wind up being the path of least resistance... like the terminals inside the
>distributor cap.  For various reasons, your hard starting could be the result
>of the spark jumping to the wrong terminal or directly to ground inside the
>cap.

Strapping the glasses on the hindside for better 20-20 hindsight (break
more glasses that way), makes sense on the hardstarting in the morning.
Hell, the sparks were probably flying to all 4 plugs at once.

Thought the MSD info called out .060, but don't the literature handy to
look at.  Do believe I am going to look into platinum plugs.  When I took a
set out of a Taurus at 60K, I asked myself why I was replacing them.  The
second set is still in there and have over 110K and still going.

Mike - If you put in a big enough starter, it will turn over