MSD 6A STATUS REPORT

Have put 25K on my MSD and same set of spark plugs on my L19.

Had the plugs gapped at .060" to start.  Lately it has been a little balky
on starting on cold mornings.  The hi-torque starter could get it started,
but still was balky.  (That is a technical term, look it up!!)

Decided to check the plugs.  They were at .080", center electrode was
neatly eroded at an angle that matched the angle of the outer electrode.

New set of plugs @.060  restored the easy starting.  So, I now know that
.080 is too wide, but what is the optimum gap to use with the MSD 6A?  Is
.060 too wide?   It sure pulls better at .060 than at .080.

I always ran .040 with just a simple CD ignition and didn't see anywhere
near the MSD erosion rate.  Always ran them 20K between changes.

Maybe those triple electrode plugs may be on to something for the MSD
ignitions, 3 time the plug life!!??  Or switch to platinum plugs?

Mike - call me sparky