Brake story and advice

Hey John L. I also took that safty class...I know a crazy like me???  Well
Yea and its saved my life oh about 3-7 times by teaching me to brake and
also watch cars tires as you can see them move before the car pulls out in
front of you.

Anyhow my story. I went to get certified on the CBR600F@ Honda sportbike
and set a record according to the lady their. I accelerated to 30 mph and
stoped in like 12 feet flat with no skid.

One thing I was taugh was to brake hard till the bike dove foward on the
forks (forkes compressed) then squeez the front again too apply more
pressure. The reason behind this I think is that by allowing the forks to
compress under control you avoid the reef on the brakes and have them slam
the front tire into the groung and start the skid. It make s sense to avoin
that sudden down pressure and control.it.

Anyhow the bike was a 49/51 weight distribution with almost perfect center
of gravity. (gotta love Honda) and I have skidded the rear wheel before and
you control it by putting your weight on the back to keep the front lighter
so you can steer.

Anyhow this is not the Motorcycle brake digest.

                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule