RE: TA/PU Rear Sway Bar help needed

Allan wrote:

> So, does anyone out there have a rear sway bar, and could you take some
> measurements for me so I can understand how/where it mounts?
> I thought I knew where the frame mounts went, but I must be wrong,
> as this bar doesn't reach far enough for them to mount there.

I've got two:  one for a '75 2WD Travelall, and one for a '74 4WD travelall.
The 2 & 4 WD versions are different.  And, since the rear axle on the '74 is
probably wider than on the '72, I'm not sure that a fabrication will be
perfect.  Then again, I can't remember for sure what year they widened it.

Also, my wif, Juniper, is working on getting a rear anti-sway bar fabricated
for the '74, since the one on it right now is broken (due to rust & rub).
I'll ask her, she might have something nifty like a CAD drawing of it.  It
it'll work for you Allan, we could get two done at once.  If she doesn't
I'll be glad to take a bunch of measurements, if you think that the one on
my Tall will be comparable.

Also, she got bushings for it from G.U.S., on a special order.  However,
they look fairly generic.  Also, nobody that she spoke with (GUS, SSS, etc)
said they had any in stock.  Nor could they easily understand which version
we had without looking at it - due to many changes.

Ken Farmer
1975 Travelall - the luxury Tall
1974 Travelall - the rough and ready family cargo hauler
1980 Scout II  - now, with new ignition stuff, the 'race' scout!