Off topic, and can't find URL

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:58:11 -0800
> From: MikeIIDC@domain.elided
> Subject: Re: Off topic but worth the read
>
> Kevin-
>
> I kept getting a "File Not Found" reading on this URL.  I just
> tried it again in this "reply" message, and it still won't open.
> Anybody else have any problems?

<snip>

> > > http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_excomm/19990316_xex_heston_sp
> > > eec.shtml

Michael

I didn't try the URL, but did you try the following?

The following is excerpted from an overview re URLs prepared for a
group of retired professionals that I consult for, and who wanted to
learn about the internet.

If anyone would like the whole thing - it's one page - email me.

	*		*		*		*

. . . URLs are virtual and intangible.  The URL that you connected to
yesterday - may respond today:

	Sorry, the file you requested wasn't found on our site.
	404 Not Found	The requested URL was not found on this server:

What to do . . .

Look at the URL.  Is the address correct?  Does the URL have a dot or
period as the last character?  Delete that dot!

Failing that, notice that links following the domain name are joined
to subsequent links by a forward slash, or /

Delete the last link in the URL - leave the / as the last character -
and re-connect to the amended URL, e.g. http://www.naa.org/hotlinks/

Did you find a pointer to the resource?

Delete links in succession until you get a new pointer to the
resource, or end up at the domain name, e.g. http://www.naa.org/

Hope this helps

Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided