Re: Exhaust Info Needed

MikeIIDC@domain.elided wrote:
> My question is this:  Would there be any prob with keeping the same
> exhaust for the 345 as the 304?  I was thinking that I would go ahead

Mike,

IMO, not "really".. I was told there's a slight difference between the
304 and the 345 setups.. since the 345 has a taller deck, and I assume
slightly higher up (relative) exhaust manifolds... but when I pulled my
196 out (half a 392, with the "tall" manifolds) and put my V304 in, I
re-used the existing 4cyl exhaust down the passenger side.  There as
enough "slop" in the whole system that I was able to just push the
exhaust pipe into the proper location and bolt it up.

I imagine you could do the same unless the exhaust shop does a PERFECT
job and there is NO room for the exhaust pipes to move *AT ALL*...

-Tom