Re: CB Antennas, Mounts

John:

I really appreciate the offer of acting as "middleman", but I don't think
it will be necessary.

Armed with your suggestions, I visited a CB shop near here.  Stainless
steel "fender groove mount" is purchased and installed, along with a 55"
'Hustler' antenna (this guy's best recommendation).

I also purchased a Midland SWR meter ($15, #23-500XL), and will try my hand
at tuning once the radio is installed in its final location.  If I have any
questions or problems, this fellow will tune the antenna for me for free.

Reminded myself yesterday how very much I prefer doing business with
"specialty shops" -- rather than outfits for whom CB is "one product line
among many".  Same with things IH, I suppose.

See you in Death Valley!

Regards,

Bill Thebert