Floor Pans

IH All,
     First, a word of thanks to Richard for getting me back into post mode.
 I'm going to be replacing the floor pans in my 74 II this weekend with
 a set I purchased at the last NWBRU. A friend's dad has a well set up
 shop in the tri-cities area of eastern Washington with all the tools a
 budding cut and weld student could ask for. They are new to binders,
 I'm new to welding, so we've got some questions.
     First: Is there a FAQ anywhere on this procedure? I seem to
 remember something about supporting the frame and only doing one pan at
 a time. Does "Supporting the frame" mean raising the truck off the
 deck? (The shop has a hydraulic floor lift installed!)
 Should both sides of the frame be supported during a single side
 replacement?
     Second: What's the procedure for the measurements to ensure the
 body is straight? What can we do correct problems if the numbers don't
 match?
     Third: Undercoating. I plan on applying DP-90 primer on top and
 bottom. The bottom needs an undercoating (just until the factory installed
 motor-oil-blow-by system kicks in!) I'd like to use a rattle can
 coating - any prefs? I'll be putting Hammerite down when time and temp
 permit.
     As usual, ANY suggestions by the august body of binderdom are welcome
 and appreciated. Please shoot any mail to me and the digest as I'm not
 a real-time subscriber and supply purchasing time is short - thanks in
 advance,

 Mike Stenstrom
 stenstm@domain.elided
             -or-