Re: Misc...

Kevin Curry wrote:
> #2-When the fuel tank is full, the needle will only go to 3/4 of a tank
> and stop. Any ideas?

Paint an "F" at the 3/4 mark and realize that you now have "Empty",
"1/3" and "2/3" and "F" markings.

Or.. drop the gas tank and install a new fuel sending unit.  This is a
very common problem on Scouts.

On my '77, the gauge only reads 1/4 to 3/4.. thanks to the large dent in
the tank where the sending unit is... "Hmm.. 1/4 tank.. does that mean 4
gallons or no gallons?"

> #3-My speedo light works but the fuel and the oil pressure lights do
> not. Are these all in series or are the fuel and oil on a different
> circuit?

They should all be in *parallel*..  probably loose or blown bulbs.  One
of my speed-o lights is out.

I think I replaced the oil pressure light before.. just pull the dash
cover off and then pull the gauges out of the gash and put new "twist
in" bulbs in.

-Tom