Bushings revisited

Dan, Chad, Matt, etc,

        For my Travelall, I used '74 Dodge D200 3/4T 4wd bushings for the fronts
in my Travelall.  From my journeys I've found the rear springs and bushings to
be the same size as dodge, and the front bushings are the same as dodge.  Don't
know about the length of the Dodge front springs tho'.

        For the scout, I just use the scout set from Cepek, $28/axle.

The kicker with the Dodge, is that the kit doesn't include the bushings for the
shackle since it's about 1" wide than the front springs.  I plan to get another
set of bushings, and use the spares and trim down the shoulder and put them
inside the shackle side in the frame.

        Hope it helps.

        -Joel

-----INCLUDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS-----

Chad,
   This should be in the Binder Bulletin FAQ, and if it isn't someone
needs to put it there. I think it was Matt Sopher? who found that poly
bushings from a Dodge something or other fit into the bushing holes
without removing the outer steel sleave of the original bushing. Hang
around for a day or two and someone will chime in with the info. You
coiuld probable just search the past digests and find it. It wasn't that
long ago.

_____Dan Nees_____