Bed Rail Repair

While putting the BesTop brackets onto the '77, not only did I yank out
the passenger rear most section of bed rail (all rusty.. nice chunk came
right up) but then it also seems the next forward hole is worn out and
the bolt slips right in n' out.. so there's ONE (near the middle of the
rail) bolt holding the rear corner aluminum angle for the Bestop to the
body tub.

I pulled up on the bed rail cap a bit and glanced.. and quickly put it
back down.  Yikes! ;-)

Unfortunately, I think I should probably get to fixing this this
summer..

I believe the bed rail *caps* (held on by a single large phillips screw
near the doors) are available.. but what about under the caps, where the
actual threaded nuts (or rather, those stupid "slot of steel with a
threaded hole" fasteners) are?  Is this a "replace quarter panel"
procedure, replace tub, or just "replace the strip at the top"..?

I'll have a better idea soon.. I'm going to "experiment" with the shot
tub on the '72 I brought home last weekend.. hack it up a bit and see
what kind of trouble I can cause..

-Tom