Lifter, Transmission, paint

Thanks for all the help guys. I think between all of you, I have a pretty
good direction to go in.

>The first thing I'd try is a compression test.  You should bring the engine
to normal operating temperature, remove the spark plugs, ground the coil,
block the throttle fully open, insert the compression tester into each
spark plug hole and crank the starter until the pressure stops climbing.

John,   I have already done a compression check and everything seems to be
within specs. I am an Aviation Technician, so I am very familiar with the
importance of compression. However, I have never had a lifter stick before.
I was Definitely not sure if I liked the Idea of the Diesel Fuel. I agree
that it would bring the potential of excess debris in the engine to a high.

Also, I am curious.......You guys talk an awful lot about transmissions. I
have heard things like 727, etc. How do I know what type of transmission I
have / how good it really is?  Its an Automatic with 4 wheel drive?

Again I appreciate the help.......Also, Who was it that was wondering about
a "type of paint" for suspension??
I was going to recommend Emron. This paint is Ideal for Heat and or VERY
FLEXIBLE environments. If you can manage to pull Emron off of a painted
surface, You can take the paint chip and literally Fold it in half, then
straighten it back out.....

Dane