Re: CB Radios-antennas

> From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
> Subject: Re: CB radios - antennas
>
>   A speaker that really kicks butt is
> one I bought from Radio Shlock to use with my scanner.  With my CB, it's
> like your listening to a cop yelling at you through a bull horn.  I haven't
> mounted it in the truck yet, but I plan to.  They don't cost much and work
> great.

Thats what I have and it works great, mounted under dash on passenger
side. My antenna is mounted on the same side as my stock radio antenna
on a bracket that mounts under the hood and sticks up between the hood
and the fender, got it at radio shack also.
I get my CB's at yard sales for $5.00, the one I have now is a Cobra, it
has done well for two years. I run with the top off 1/2 the year so I
hate to invest in a nice radio that might get wet.

Willy