Re: Answers -n- Questions

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "Brad N"
<ih_binders@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>My mechanic said the
>drums had never been turned and he says it appears the brakes are
>original.  33 years on one set of brake pads?

My wife and I have a 1987 Subaru GL-10 Turbo Wagon we bought new.  It has
about 110,000 miles on it.  This past summer I repacked the front wheel
bearings for the first time and I inspected the brake pads and rotors.  After
12 years these pads still have 75% of the material remaining and the rotors
looked perfect.  I'm truly amazed, but I think responsible conservative
driving makes for much of it.  In high school I was lucky to get a couple of
years from a set of brake pads and tires due to jack rabbit starts and eyeball
popping stops.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)