Answers -n- Questions

Hello Group,

   After a few nights of hammering my friends drums on his 65 Travelall,
we decided to track down a drum puller.  The one we rented for $ 7.00 a
day was perfect.  It took 10 swings with a long sledgehammer (full
swings too) and the drums popped off.  No damage.  My mechanic said the
drums had never been turned and he says it appears the brakes are
original.  33 years on one set of brake pads?
   Now here is yet another problem we have come acrossed.  The steering
gear that is on it can not be rebuilt.  So what can we do?  What other
models can we use from other vehicles?  The unit is very large and is
not power steering.  The best description I can give for it is it looks
like a distributer (in shape).  Any ideas?

   Thanks,
    Brad Norman
La Mirada, CA