Re: eyes open Tom

> >It could also be used to let the 727 use the 4-1 gearset (since
> >Scout 727 4-1s are not available)
>
> LOST ME. The 727 4:-1 gearset???
> Please explain. I dont understand what the 727(scout auto) and 4:-1 have to
> do with each other???

There is no 4-1 for the Scout '300 and the Scout 727.  A few prototypes
were made, but no more.

If you make this "extension/adapter" you can essentially change the
output shaft of the 727 to *LOOK LIKE* something the 4-1 300 *IS*
available for.  If the 727 and the T19 had the same output shaft size
and splines, you wouldn't have a problem with the 4-1.. same gear.  But
they're different.  But if you make an extension you can also make it an
adapter to "convert" the 727 output shaft into something the 4-1 *is*
available for.

Follow?

-Tom