Re: Carb Rebuild

Chad:

I generally recommend rebuilding a carb yourself where you can. Take your
time and measure as Landry said. If you don't want to mess,  a brand new
one costs twice as much, but it will be perfectly functional and modern.
May overcome some "old" problems.

Rebuilt carbs from auto parts stores are a real crap shoot. The rebuild
shops get cores in that they don't know what's wrong with them. They try to
use "trained labor" at very low pay to just rebuild them like an assembly
line. They assume the one or two tech people in the shop who know anything
are enough knowledge to keep the "workers" out of trouble. It would be like
Bill Theibert hiring 20 guys at $5/hr who have little or no knowledge and
skills in automotive technology in the first place,  to rebuild a Scout
while he oversees the process. Sure, they'll learn a lot and some things
will work out O.K. But, there will be problems. I guarantee it. Would you
want to buy that Scout for a premium price?

Tom H.