Re: Betting On Mandera

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and John Fleck
<jlfleck@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>Anyone want to start a pool and bet if Mandera made it to Seattle (driving
>his Scout 2 304,T-19 closed,Dana 20) FLAT towed a travler that he had to
>put axles under to tow made it over several passes and back to Montana.
>
>I think that 304 is going to be worked like a ferret pulling a dogsled.
>
>Hope Tommy Boy makes it

Well not that I have inside information on this crazy man's trip or anything,
but count me in the pool at say $100.00.

OK... so he's just waking up his nappy head here at my house this morning and
so far so good... that's if we can pump enough coffee in him to get him going.

He and his GF Michelle arrived in Tacoma yesterday at about 4:00pm PST and we
had the Traveler hitched up and down the highway by about 6:00pm PST.  The
axles were already under it... just needed some hub assemblies put back on and
a few other loose ends tied up.

The Traveler seems to flat tow great... straight ahead that is.  I assume
because of the IH caster, the front wheels don't turn in a corner.  In fact,
they seem to want to turn in the opposite direction of the vehicle turn.  Go
figure!

After a few things to take care of this morning, he'll be back on the road to
Montana... a really interesting sight.  He looks like something out of the
Beverly Hillbillies.

I'll keep ya posted.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)