Re: 1904 rebuild

Chad,
Rebuilding the carb isn't hard.  I did it with mine about two years ago
after I bought my Scout.  As a matter of fact, I think it was one of the
first things I did.  I got my kit from CarQuest, about $30.  Just make
sure you have plenty of room, and you clean everything up really well.
Your 1904 should take the same kit as my 2494, I think...  An old
toothbrush and/or wire brush makes things easier for cleanup.  Just make
sure you don't get any carb cleaner in your eye!  Trust me on that, it
hurts!  I rebuilt my carb, and the only other carb I had ever really had
apart was a carb from an old Briggs and Stratton.  If you have any
questions, just let me know, I will help however I can.  Good luck.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800