From: jmbrodsky@domain.elided <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided <ihc-digest@domain.elided>;
owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided <owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Thursday, March 04, 1999 6:26 PM
Subject: Stock front springs....THEY ARE NOT ALL EQUAL!

     BZZZZT

     Tom, Dan, and others.

     The front springs are NOT symmetrical.  The eyes on the rear are
     offset so the main leaf lines up with the center of the bolt.  The
     front eyes are tangential to the bushing.  I swapped my front springs
     in the inverted manner, fore/aft and gave myself instant caster!
     Truck handles great now!  The measurements I made show that the
     factory mounting being reversed adds between 2.5 and 4 degrees of
     caster!

        Check it out, you'll see the eyes are different!

     -Joel