Re: Stock front springs....THEY ARE NOT ALL EQUAL!

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>      BZZZZT
>
>      The front springs are NOT symmetrical.  The eyes on the rear are
>      offset so the main leaf lines up with the center of the bolt.  The
>      front eyes are tangential to the bushing.  I swapped my front springs
>      factory mounting being reversed adds between 2.5 and 4 degrees of

Right you are, Joel.  I remember now, taking that into account when I put
my Skyjackers in... and also that I could cut up ONE rear leaf spring to
make TWO buggy leafs..

2.5 to 4 deg of caster.. but it throws off your U-joint angles.. which I
can't afford at the moment. ;-)

-Tom