Re: Pitman Pulling Problems

        I'll agree with Steve on this one. Get a good puller and it will
be easy. I borrowed one from my neighbor/landlord(he works in fleet
service). Due to a blown seal I replaced my gear box last week. Maybe it
was all of the power steering fluid that leaked on it but I was able to
get it off with the puller and a heavy adjustable wrench. Once you get it
moving it's not that hard.
         Did I ever mention that my landlord owns an International
bulldozer. It's sitting in my backyard in a very large box. I've lived
here for over two years and didn't know until a couple of months ago. I
was in the backyard working on the Scout. when I heard a noise. Went to
investigate and discovered that the door on what I thought was his tool
shed had blown open. Look inside and see the big old man on tractor logo.
Talk about an off road vehicle! Don't know why he has it or what he's
going to do with it but it is very cool.

George H
72 Scout II
345

>When pulling the pitman arm go to a good auto parts (find one >that
>delivers to the local garages) and rent/borrow a *serious* >pitman arm
>puller.  It takes some **major** pulling to get it off.  A two-ton
>puller
>is probably not going to get it done.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]