Starters

FWIW, when I put my 304 in, it *had* a good starter.. I hadn't rebuilt
the motor or anything.. just jerked it out of one Scout, dropped it into
another... but during the installation process I banged the starter
against the inner fender (or against something).. as a result, it would
only turn very slowly.. it turned fast enough that, with some ether, it
would catch.. but otherwise it was a no-start... at first I *think* it
sounded OK.. I only noticed the grinding a day or three after the engine
swap.. ;-)

-Tom