RE: gas tank

Howard R Pletcher wrote:

> The little outlets are for the fuel evaporation recovery system that was
> required in the early 70's through about 1974. After 1974, the system
> seemed to get simplified for some reason--maybe they found all that
> wasn't necessary or something--except for California.  The outlets at
> each corner connected to a plastic recovery tank inside the left rear
> fender and this was purged through a charcoal filter and on to the intake
> manifold.

Aha!  In order to comply with evap recovery regulations, renew my rusty
tank, and coat the bottom of my new rear floor, I just switched the gas tank
in my 1980 (ex-diesel) to a 1979 gas.  What a bewildering array of stupid
little hoses!  I was wondering if there was a hidden filter thing someplace.

Thanks for more great info Howard,

Ken Farmer