Re:Fun with transmissions

> From: Tom Mandera
>

> I limp the couple miles home with this funny clutch.. and pop the hood
> expecting to see the clutch spring missing... Huh?  It's still there...
>
> Now I crawl down on the sidewalk and poke my head underneath but not too
> far - for fear of jabbing myself in the head with.. MY TRANSMISSION
> CROSSMEMBER.  Wow.. lookie there..

Tom,
you should know better than to post a story like that it just encourages
us "story tellers" to tell about the time....  I went to the dump (three
miles away) with a load of junk in my 1977 Dodge 3/4 ton truck, 318,
727, winch, overloads, air adjustshocks, bla, bla ,bla... anyway the
truck felt funny on the way home, rough shifts, vibrations. I get home
and crawled underneath, everything checks out fine. Pop the hood, WHAT
THE HECK! the air filter is tilted at a 15 degree angle. Nooooo the
whole dang engine is tilted 15 degrees. I had sheared both motor mounts
and the thing would still drive.
I replaced the motor mounts and sold the truck, invested the money in a
1977 Super Scout II and have not regretted it to this day.

Willy
77 SS II
Some Jeeps
A rice burner 4x4