RE: Skyjacker and my Truck????

>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 00:25:46 GMT
>From: bobb@domain.elided (Bob Blair)
>Subject: Skyjacker Scout lift - nose up
>
>In the course of discussing their Scout products, I received a photo from
>Skyjacker tech support that showed Jeff Bade's Super Scout conversion
>sitting nice & level on their 4" lift system.  I explained the differences
>between the SS and a Scout II with the hardtop.
>
>They are going to look into modifying the kit!
>
>But they need more information.  If you have before & after height
>measurements for a Scout II Skyjacker 4" lift please send them to:
>
>lmj@domain.elided  <Lonnie McCurry, Jr.>
>
>Indicate hardtop, softop, etc.
>
>Please copy me, at bobb@domain.elided
>Bob
>77 Scout II>

WOW... I'm famous... Well... I guess not...

My Scout???? Where did they get a picture of my Scout????
"Nice and Level"??? when was my Skyjacker kit nice and level????
I might have a bit less weight in the back and maybe I sit closer to
level...
But no.. Mine sags in the back too... I am happy with the kit but I do want
to level it off..
I can take some measurements for him But I don't know what is was before the
lift..
Anyway...

On another note...
Those Caster correctors that Epp sells at The Scout Ranch... What if I used
those on my 1980 which already has 2 degrees caster. and added that 1.5
more... would this help with the 4" Skyjacker lift?

Anyway.. Thanks..

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII
Member of "The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association"
http://www.off-road.com/~ifwda/