RE: Need a *big horn*

George Humphrey warned:
> Ken,
>       Don't know where you live but here in California a big horn and
> powerful light will only get you a war. Then you've got the idiot trying
> to get in your way not out of it. It doesn't scare anybody it just makes
> them angry and vengeful.

Yeah, I better keep that in mind.  Back in downtown Detroit, and its close
suburbs I *never* had problems.  But, in a few rural areas north of there,
and in Colorado Springs I've had a number of "incidents" where folks went
crazy on me for trivial stuff - like driving too slow when I'm doing 45 in a
35!

Fortunately, I've grown a lot more patient over the years - mild stupidity,
minor accidents, rudeness of necessity doesn't bother me any more.  Most of
the folks I find acting so rude are, fortunately, driving fairly expensive
vehicles.  Hopefully, their owners will be too intimidated to screw with my
scout.

Back when I owned my Bronco II in Ortonville, MI - and some folks thought
that passing somebody going less than the speed limit was somehow an insult
to their masculinity, I had a bunch of episodes in which folks would follow
me, trying to start something.  This kind of nonsense usually happened at
night, with kids looking for trouble.  I finally came across the perfect
weapon: a hand-held spotlight.  I'd slow way down - like to 15 mph, then
beam them in the head: they'd slam on the brakes, and have to wait a *long*
time before they could start going again.  I swear I did this a half-dozen
times - when I was just an innocent driver.

Of course now that in Colorado Springs they give just about anybody a
concealed weapon permit, it's probably best to give up as soon as somebody
crosses that line - or take your chances at getting shot.

Ken Farmer