Re: Gas tank cleaning

Mike,
  When I needed to clean the scale, etc out of my tanks, I used
muratic acid (concrete cleaner, a couple bucks/gallon, and I still
have plenty left) and swished it around  the tank with a handful of
nuts and bolts to help break away the thick stuff.  I did the
'lather, rinse, repeat' a few times and it worked very well.  Rinse
with plenty of water and let dry before reinstalling.  I haven't had
any problems in the year or so since I did it.  Could the rattle you
hear be the float that has detached from the sending unit?
HTH,
Myron