Re: NP205 Low range

The answer to this question could be yes or no...here's why:

1/ YES if the overdrive is a bolt on unit that is mounted between the
t-case and the rear driveshaft.  This AFAIK could be adapted to a Dana 20.

2/ NO if the overdrive is mounted to where the input gear access plate (not
sure if that is the term) is on the Dana 18.  This is easy to spot, as it
will a protruding unit that does NOT have a driveshaft attached to it.  the
dana 18 does not have a "thrushaft" style rear axle yoke like the Dana 20,
and the overdrive developed for the Dana 18 actually replaces part of the
gearset in the t-case.  The one big advantage of this is the ability to
have overdrive in both 2wd and 4wd, although it must be used with caution
as it does have some torque-handling limitations while in overdrive.