Re: lower gears

"Robert N. Deruy" wrote:
> There has been some talk of a lower 1st gear for a Scout 727. I need to
> know where I can look, the new 1st gear ratio, &c.

"JVX".. listed under the Vendors list at the BinderBulletin site.

> We're trying a new tack on the Scout: leaving the 3.55s in, lowering the
> D20 (3.15:1), and a lower 1st gear. But I've got to find the 1st gear sets.

About the approach I took.. I went from a 3spd/4.09/29" tires to a close
ratio 4spd/4.09/31s and then 33s... of course, with the 4cyl, I had to
upgrade the engine for the 33s. :-)

On the plate is also the Bronco geared Dana 20 modification to further
lower the crawl ratio...

-Tom