Re: Strange starting problem

Check your starter solenoid which is in the vicinity of your starter. You may
want to jump it with a short screwdriver.

Brent Fidler wrote:

> Yesterday afternoon after work, I tried to start my 79 Scout and I got
> nothing.  I have a new battery which was fully charged- no problem there.  I
> didn't even hear a click when I turned the key.  The radio and fan came on
> as normal and all other auxillary electrical components seemed to work fine.
> I shifted the automatic gear shift from park to drive and back.  Sometimes
> this will engage something and it will crank.  However today, no luck.
>
> Finally I put both feet on the ground outside the door and rocked the Scout
> forward and then backward while it was in park.  Then it cranked right up.
> I really am a beginner with auto mechanics, so forgive me if this is simple.
>
> This has happened twice since last night, but not today.
>
> ????
>
> Brent A. Fidler
> 79 SII, 345 T-quad, TF727

Kevin and Lisa Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
www.redhummer.net
"It's not a matter of no one else being able to keep up. It's a matter
of no one else being able to follow." -from my Hummer poster