Re: 1 IHC question, and 1 Scout question

The aliens commander decided "big jerm" <bigjerm24@domain.elided> would make
a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>My first is why
>do they refer to IHC parts as "Light Line"?

To distinguish the "lighter" duty Scouts, Pickups and Travelalls from the
bigger "heavier" duty industrial line of trucks.

>second question is I have a 1977 SSII, does anyone what size gas tank i
>have (19 or 33 gal.)?

19 gallons is stock.  An optional 33 gallon tank was (still is) available
aftermarket and was once installed by some IH dealers special order.

>I went to fill it up and when it was getting
>fullsomeone told me that i had gas coming out from the underside of my
>truck.  I assume the top is rusted out on the tank.

Could be, but more likely you have a rotten or loose rubber filler coupler
which connects the filler pipe to the tank.  Look around under the truck on
the filler neck side and see if you can see stains where the fuel was
running out.  It might be that all you need do is tighten some loose worm
clamps.

Good luck,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT