Scout II AT linkage length

I recall the discussion about a 727 in an 800, but...

How long is the Scout II automatic shifter linkage?  How much slack is
there?  Which direction is the slack?

Is there, oh, say.. sixteen inches of extra length in the shift cable if
one wanted to put the transmission... oh... sixteen inches farther
rearward?  Or are there aftermarket shift cables that are longer that'd work?

BTW, stock Scout II rear driveshaft (on my '77 with a 4spd) is about 40"
long.. front is 24" long.. Hmm.. I wonder what Tom's up to...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT - found out firewall mods are legal..
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 & '77 Scout IIs - trail/driver projects - '77 Scout II - racer!