RE: That tip-hood mod....?

	>From: "Robert Baker" <rdbake@domain.elided>
	>Subject: That tip-hood mod....?

	>    I remember seeing a nifty mod on somebody's web page: They'd
rigged the
	>hood and front fenders to all tip forward, like a semi. Now I can't
find it!
	>    *whimper*

	>    Help! Anybody know where this page is?

	>    Thanks

	>    Robert

That would probably be me.  As of last night the host name for my web site
disappeared so it's currently unavailable but I hope to have it up again
soon.  The address would normally be http://chad.prentice-internet.com but
it may not work for awhile.  My flip project isn't complete yet. Here's are
the pending issues:

  1.  Set up a gas-assist lift on it.  It doesn't open easy with one person,
heavy!  Maybe I should make it motorized...
  2.  Attach lower front fenders behind the front wheels (cut off from the
rest of the fender so it opens properly)  This seam will be hidden by body
molding.
  3.  Install hood pins so the hood stays shut when flipping everything
forward.
  4.  Tweak the hood hinges so the hood can be aligned with the fenders.  I
guess I didn't get the sub frame squared up just right.
  5.  Solve the design issue with the front blinker assembly hitting the
bumper when flipped. It was a design mistake on my part.  I hinged it a
little too low.  Trial and error....

It probably isn't the best setup for a flip but I designed it as I went
along.  Right now I'm happy that I can actually open and close it.  Sure is
nice when you have to work on the engine!