Re: That tip-hood mod....?

Robert Baker wrote:

>     I remember seeing a nifty mod on somebody's web page: They'd rigged the
> hood and front fenders to all tip forward, like a semi. Now I can't find it!
>     *whimper*
>
>     Help! Anybody know where this page is?

Rob - I've seen it too.. but can't seem to find it any longer.. I
thought it was on Jim Weed's site but it isn't...

I *DO* know I read the modification in an old issue of the Binder Bunch
News (*NOT* the BinderBulletin)... I may have a copy of it somewhere
around here still..

That said, I have one of those. :-)  Outer fenders and hood and grille
are all bolted (where stock) or welded (hood/fenders) together.  There's
some 1x1 square tube that runs on the *outside* of the grille and on the
hood and joined at a 90deg at the front of the hood.  I don't exactly
like it, but I'm not sure how to do it any better at this point (and I
have worse things to worry about).  A hinge is welded to the bottom of
the grille on some reinforcements.  The hinge matches the other half
that's welded to the front bumper.

I'm going to add hood-pins at the cowl, and some sheet metal
inner-fenders to help keep mud off the engine.  The clip I have is for
an off-road racer... hardly as pretty as a daily-driver arrangement
should be... but a start..

-Tom