Re: Re[2]: Joel

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>         Yeah they're the same front end parts on the T'all and Scout except
>      for the width.  Also, the T'all has D60 rears on both of mine so no go
>      with the lockers swap.

You could swap the Scout lockers into the fronts of *both* T'alls... so
there!

>         Also, the tow bar is a must do, no question.  My goal is to be able
>      to tow any of my vehicles with any other.  Not a biggie, just alot of
>      bumper brackets, all have trailer hitches.

Yep.  That's my plan.  All of the bumpers I fab will have mounts for the
tow-bar.. plus I'm about to head outside to finish work on my "tow-bar
bumper".. two pieces of 3x2x1/4 angle welded together to make a
"C-channel".. drilled for the stock bumper mount bolts.. and I"m about to
weld *and* bolt four pieces of 3x3x3/8 angle to the front of it.

Next time I buy a Scout.. drive over, take the front bumper off (helped
with the use of the on-board impact), slap this bumper-ette on, bolt it,
then put the towbar pins in and tow it home.

>         Cali. only allows vehicles with trailers to go 50-55 mph, instead
>      of 70 most places.  That's a long time more to drive!  At least this

How about ripping along through AZ 'till you hit California then?  You
can always unhitch the towed T'all and drive *just* in California...

>      then I could tow it, but no WAY i'm gonna tow 55 mph in some of the
>      open flats to get out there.  It'd make it feel like I was in a
>      freakin wagon train!  Imagine those guys 100 yrs ago riding x-ctry in
>      a freakin wagon.  maybe 7 mph, for 2500 miles, hmmm. technology.

Yeah, well.. we just got saddled with a state wide speed limit of 75mph.
BOOOooo.  Hisssss.  Yick.  Despite all of the letters I emailed to my
representatives... *DANG*

I guess that means I don't have to worry about gearing the Scouts for
85mph @ 3000rpm now... ;-)

>         Is there the possibility of having the brake lines fabbed or is
>      that a no-no.  There has to be a shop that will make those.  The PS

I tried to have some made... they wouldn't touch it at any local shops.

-Tom