Re: Need advice on Scout 800

It's pretty easy to find brake drums, brake parts (Napa), and axle parts.  I haven't had any problems yet trying to locate parts for mine.  Beware though, once you buy one, you can't stop.  That's when the great little Scout 800 bug bit ya!  When you start owning about 4 of them, you'll have more parts than you know what to do with, and then you get crazy ideas like making a limo Scout with all the extra quarter panels and full-tops you have!  Anyway, back to the subject, finding parts isn't all that hard as people (J**p guys) say it is.  You just have to know where to look, and sometimes you can get really lucky.  Junkyards are excellent places to look for parts.  I've gotten brand new brake drums out of a junkyard once.  They were only like $20 for both of them too.  If something does break and you cannot find the parts you need, you can always post an ad on the Binder Bulletin site, or look at the vendor list there.  Buy that Scout because the bug bit you and there is no turning back!!

Later,
Gary