Re: Hydralic or Mechanical Clutch-Which would you choose?

Count my vote in for the Mechanical Clutch...I cant stand the hydraulics!
I have had tons of trouble with Hydraulic clutches.  I have delt with them
alot, mostly on mid '80's Ford trucks.    I have one that is giving me tons
of trouble on a '84 F-150.   Now when something goes on a hydraulic clutch
on a Ford, it will cost you big, You cant just replace one component, you
have to replace the whole deal...You cant even bleed a hydraulic clutch on a
Ford.   I prefer something that is mechanical anyway.   You really cant
"slip" a hydraulic clutch like you can a mechanical.   They are too big of a
pain.   It is just one more thing you gotta worry about...

What is this about having an adjustment on a hydraulic clutch?  That is
useless?  I thought the purpose of a hydraulic clutch was to get rid of the
adjustment?

Chris "Lube" Lublin