Re: milling heads

>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:20:56 GMT
>From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
>Subject: Re: IHC Engine Durability
 <snip>
>On the 392 I just rebuilt, I did not bother to mill the heads or block deck
>for the simple fact I didn't think any benefit to doing so would offset the
>fact that I'd then have to pay to have the intake machined as well.  Then
>I'd be stuck with an odd ball intake manifold should I ever choose to swap
>it to another engine.
When I did my 392, I took in both the heads and the intake manifold because I
wanted the heads milled. The machinist told me he always mills the intake side
of the head instead of the intake itself (I think it was because the intake isn't a
nice regular shape - makes it hard to align it). So anyway, you don't have to modify
the intake manifold if you have the heads milled.

Later,
  Curt