Manual choke

Howdy All!

I was wondering if anyone could let me know some of the finer points
of driving a manual choke.  And heck, while at it, what are some of
the basics?

My 73 Scout has manual choke and I have no experience with it.  Of
course this is the Scout I bought in Sept.  took it to the shop in
Nov. (had all windows busted out by vandals)  and it is still there.
They just got the tranny back from being rebuilt.  Then the wiring
needs checked and brakes need some work.

I was hoping to have it back by V-Day, but that does not look
possible.  Seems Tom M has plans anyway so he probably would not have
done a spring over for me so no great loss. I was hoping to try to get
to the Big Texas Outing since Scouts seemed a little under-represented
there.  Looks like I will have to wait til next year:(

So back to original question, any hints would be great.

Laura

'73 Scout 2 Still in the Shop
'73 Scout 2 All spare parts pre-assembled (But nowhere to put them see
first Scout)