Re: New Navistar Int'l 1Ton....Pickup??

Wellll!!!  You forgot to add the part about how that one engineer that wouldn't
cooperate was also seen ten minutes later standing on a grassy knoll, and that
they were working on a new silent turbine "worm drive" engine so that these trucks
could be used by secret government agents to track down other IH's that have had
Chevy 350's installed!  These are the "black trucks" that Landry will soon mention
in his sig file!
Actually, this is a very cool thread!  I would love to se them come back into the
market, though I could never afford one.  I had the same excitement with VW when
they announced the new beetle returning about six or seven years ago.  At that
time, they were planning on it being like the original-affordable-and were taking
calls for input.  They claimed it would be about $12,000 when released.  I called
and gave them positive feedback and had them put me on the waiting list.  This was
the very first day of the announcement, the day of the Turin auto show or
something.  Anyway, never heard from them again, and the things came out at what,
$19,000.
Anyway, thanks for the info, John.  Coming from someone that has enough knowledge
about IH/Navistar, I am very impressed.  PLEASE keep us informed!

Michael