Re: Fans at highway speeds

Since the 345 is all
>heavy cast iron I'm sure nothing got hurt though.
>
>Steve
Well, well my 304 heated to 215/220 and cracked a head.
Now the rest of the story......
I had always lost a little water since I got my heads rebuilt 6 months ago,
but really that much to worry about so I thought nothing of it.  Yesterday
while driving around town everthing was fine(the 304 was at the usual 160)
and all the sudden it shot to 215/220 never got hotter though.  Steam was
coming from the passenger ehxaust---can't be good.  Towed home by a
J**P(that was the worst part).  Pulled the head took it down to the shop
they said that it had a small crack between the spark plug hole and the
intake.  Was this crack already in there, hence my water loss, and finally
blew or did it just happen.  *Note to all*: what I want to hear is that this
crack was in there when I bought them so I can convince the shop it was
thier fault.

Chris
'67 800
'77 SII  "the headless 304"