Re: Dana 300 PTO and Trans. temp. probe on dip stick

This tranny / transfer-case temperature thread has made it's rounds on the
Hummer Mailing List. There are those Hummer owners out there that are more than
paranoid about their t-cases over-heating and exploding (maybe rightly so) and
a number of them have rigged temperature guages to their tranny and x-fer case
using a heat sending unit and VDO guages. The sensor is tapped into the drain
plug in both locations. I haven't had the need to change the tranny fluid on
the Scout so I don't know if the pan is tapped and plugged or not but it may be
possible to do on the Scout.

Tom Harais wrote:

> Mike:
>
> I remember reading recently about installing a transmission temperature
> sending unit without drilling the pan. The article had you epoxy the sender
> against the pan, on the rear vertical section and route the wires around
> the sides so that nothing was hanging down.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Tom H.

Kevin & Lisa Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
http://www.redhummer.net ICQ# 7653541
"It's not a matter of no one else being able to keep up. It's a matter
of no one else being able to follow." -from my Hummer poster