Re: KenF ...Scout Magic Mix vs Land Rover

Steve and others,
Thanks for your Land Rover comments.  Yeah, I really prefer their
looks over the Scout2, but (at least for me) the pros of the Scout2
outweigh the pros of the LR.  I used to mess about with British
Triumphs, Austin-Healeys and MGs ...must be in my blood cause
it is damn hard to exorcise.  British vehicles have been out of my
life for at least 7 years ...yet I still turn when I see one go by
(very seldom these days ...heck, that's also true for any light IH
truck).  I think the Scout2 will grow on me more ...I just gotta' go
out and use it more often.  I have a buddy deep into a an old Land
Rover ...they seem pretty cool, he does work on it a lot (must admit
it seems mostly fun work), but he is able to let it sit mostly.
I want to use my Scout, depend on my Scout, to get me wherever,
whenever.  I think this is the difference ...it is not a toy for me,
rather my hope as a sole vehicle ...as such I believe it to possess
the right ratio of size and features for me.  I think it has ample
potential to be a sole vehicle ...you guys have shown this
as much and more.  Anytime ...Mark