Re: spring over axel steering

Christopher Eveland wrote:
> So the "lift block" is the arm?  Or something between the arm and the
> knuckle?

The lift block goes on the top of the knuckle.. around the balljoint is
part of it, I think.

> > Maybe it's time for a Scout II Dana 44 front with the GM knuckles and
> > "lift block" for the drag link?
>
> Anyone know the length of this "lift block" or whatever the arm is
> called?  If its not the same length as the arm on the D-27 knuckle that
> I have now, it will effect the ratio on my steering...

There are multiple sizes available.. including versions for lifted GM
trucks.

I believe it's just a spacer..

Here's Darrel's message to me:

> Basically, I drilled and tapped the passenger side knuckle for 9/16" studs,
> made a steering arm from 1"x2"x12" steel, and bought a 3 inch spacer to go
> between the knuckle and the steering arm. This spacer is sold at all the 4x4
> shops.

That's the particular section of the message.  He also states he used an
IH 150 '44 knuckle flat-top.

-Tom